Thursday 3 October 2013

What I see.

When I pray for our kids  I don't see them sitting in class, learning English, and doing the day to day things they do.  I see them as young men, growing in faith and love, and doing so much more. Maybe sooner than we think.

I see Tim standing up in a room full of people, preaching the gospel with a steadiness and faith that resembles Steven in the book of Acts.

I see Bwanika reaching out to the broken, powerless, left-out women and children- showing them a straight and narrow path full of hope and love.  All the while making a lot of people laugh.

I see Fred raising up his own family one day, leading them in power, wisdom, and truth.

I see Sam being compelled by the love of Christ to hold the hand of the broken, far-off, and sick.

I see Edwin having more friends than anyone on the planet, God using his bright eyes, smile, and personality to usher the Kingdom here on earth.  He will probably change his profession 100 times.

I see Ivan- strong, confident, and humble.  Refined by the Fire of the Holy Spirit, leading sheep to their Shepherd.

I see Richard leading a generation of children to come awake with the love and passion of God.  I see him creating some pretty cool artwork along the way too.

I see Morris teaching, pouring into the kids that struggle the most, and expecting the impossible from a very possible God.

I see other kids being welcomed into our home, and the same crazy growth rising up in them.

Here we are, with tears in our eyes watching this all happen, watching the death of self give birth to completely new creations that will change Uganda and the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment