Monday 7 November 2011

You are good, You are good

I read something the other day, that really hit home. I am too lazy to get up and actually and find the book that says it, so i shall summarize: 


It essentially says that honesty and humility are the same thing. In order to be humble, you have to be honest - about what you are struggling with, about what your trials are, about how messed up you are... 
And in order to be honest, you have to be humble. 


Honesty and humility are holy, and they can't dwell in the same house as pride. 


Over the past months, I've been learning a lot about coming to God with an honest heart. Telling Him exactly how I feel, even if that means at the moment I am telling Him that I don't believe what He has promised me. I can't give Him a lot, but I can always give Him honesty. 


These past couple weeks have been a trial, looking for our friends Mike and Steve. They were arrested and put in jail, for no reason other than being homeless, and we have been trying to find them. We have been to police station after police station, and jail after jail. 


At the beginning of our search, I was praying "God I pray that we find them God and we can get them out of here and take them home!" 
....and I was disappointed in God every jail I left. 


I began to ask God, for a burning conviction that He is good!!! Cause He is....
When I walk into a jail, I want to be proclaiming "God you are so good!" 
And when I walk out of the same jail without finding them, I still want my heart and my mouth to be saying "God you are so good!!" 


God has given me this conviction of His goodness. With that, He has also shown me the humility and honesty that come with that, by showing me that His will is GOOD, so so good, better than I can ever imagine. When I am walking into a jail, I shouldn't be praying that we find these kids. I should be praying, "Let Your WILL BE DONE!"  


On another note, yesterday was an awesome day. We had Bible study with the Abaana staff in the morning, and it was just ballin. No other word to cover it. God was there, He was present, and He was working! We then headed out to meet with the secondary boys in the New Life Homes, which is always encouraging. 
We popped two tires. One on a boda boda. One on a taxi. Keeping our American stereotype going strong... 
We went to the discipleship house last night to hang out with our friends there, and just be in His presence with them. 


I love where I am.  


Friends, praying that You yield to His Spirit today. Let Your will be done Daddy God- for it is sweeter and better and more Holy  than we can ever imagine and YOU ARE GOOD GOOD GOOD! 



No comments:

Post a Comment