Thursday 19 September 2013

I've had a lot of boyfriends.

I've had a lot of boyfriends.  Some were a few days, some held my hand and whispered sweet nothings for years.  Some ended violently, some I just had to walk away from and never look back.  A few still try to call me and I'm tempted to answer, but most of the time I just turn my phone on silent.  The times I do mess up and answer I regret it immediately and hang up.

I dated Fear for a long time.  I met him in Uganda.  At first I thought he would keep me safe and show me the correct way to go, but I was wrong.  He was exhausting and we never went anywhere, just stayed in one spot-frozen.  Of course this one is clingy, he calls all the time, but I just blocked his number.

Then there was Self-Love. I don't even want to give you all the details...this one is messy.  He looked at me like I was everything, worshiped me, told me how important I was, and that my comfort and desires were the number one thing in life. I loved him so much, but all the while I could tell something was not right about him. He was suffocating and I knew that there had to be someone better.

I dated America.  He is really nice.  We always found things to do together and he knew me so well.  It didn't end badly, I still really like him, but I found someone else.

I met Uganda.  Uganda was rugged and handsome-took me on some adventurous dates, but the best part about him was that he "needed" me so much.  I felt such a purpose and drive dating him.  Unfortunately, I figured out he really didn't need me that much and he couldn't be my boyfriend anymore.

“Therefore I am now going to allure her;
    I will lead her into the wilderness
    and speak tenderly to her.

There I will give her back her vineyards,

    and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope.
There she will respond as in the days of her youth,
    as in the day she came up out of Egypt.
 “In that day,” declares the Lord,
    “you will call me ‘my husband’;
    you will no longer call me ‘my master.

I will remove the names of the Baals from her lips;

    no longer will their names be invoked" -Hosea 2:14-17



Satan loves to distract us with other lovers, he dresses them up to look like someone we want to be with.  But Jesus is right there the whole time and He will draw you out into the wilderness, it might seem scary at first.  You may feel vulnerable and naked.  It's in that place we are able to hear his tender voice saying- "You belong to me, stop running to other masters, I want to give you everything."

I don't have any other masters or boyfriends any more.  

But I am not single, I'm with my Husband.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you. This uplifted me so much today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is huge. thank you so much for sharing. to Christ be the glory :) I will continue to pray that He use you both in tremendous ways.

    ReplyDelete