Thursday 7 August 2014

Irene

For the 2014 school year Doors was very fortunate to find Irene Lwanga.  Irene is a graduate of Africa Renewal University with a degree in Social Work and Counseling.  Each week she combines her degree and gifts from the Lord to counseling and encourages our students, women’s ministry, and parents.  As a young wife and mother she is able to relate, connect, and disciple all aspects of the schools clients.  We have all been blessed by Irene’s passion to serve and commitment and care that she shows to all.

When asked why she likes working for Doors, her contribution was a bit more than we expected.... 


Why do you like working with Doors Ministries?
Ø  It is a ministry. Doors has given me a chance to serve the DOORS Community and God. All the work I do puts God first.

Ø  Doors is a family. I look at it as a big family bringing us all together, pupils, teachers, and women. A family that cares for each and everybody. I entered into this big family where everyone is known by name from the youngest to the eldest. Everybody knows where the everybody lives.  Teacher Angela knows where each child stays and every detail of their family. To me, I feel this is where I belong. I felt loved and cared for when I recently gave birth, DOORS visited me and made me a card with lovely messages. It encouraged and gave me joy that I belong somewhere.

Ø  It is a transformation centre where people are transformed, so I want to be part of the group that is transforming society.
Ø  I love working at DOORS because children are supported in education, health and spiritual matters, which moves me to support them in psychological matters, career guidance, hygiene, adolescent counseling, help them make smart choices, spiritual counseling and others. Doors know that education alone cannot create good citizens but also counseling. That is why I like working with them, other schools in Uganda have not realized the need for counseling

Ø  I like working at DOORS because it has challenged me spiritually. It has put me on fire again for Christ. The different prayer requests I receive from the women’s ministry have made me re-organize my prayer time and Bible study time  I now pray more and study the Bible more, because I have to teach every Thursday and to counsel those with spiritual and psycho social issues.

Ø  I like working at Doors because my counseling services, with education and prayer will produce good performance.

Ø  My work at Doors is a fulfillment of what God has called me to do. I received a prophetic message from God calling me to be a counselor for the youths, married couples, and women. It took me 10 years to prepare for this. Soon I am going for a masters degree. 


Ø  DOORS pays me so am able to help my family somehow, thus I love working at Doors.

What are you passionate about? 
-Helping people make right decisions. I do this by creating a relationships with them. Through this I can know what they believe in and help them make right decisions.
Ø  I am passionate about seeing people live a happy, peaceful life. I know that people struggle to get essentials in life, but there is a chance to struggle with a peaceful heart knowing that the situation there in will change for the better. I have practically decided to sponsor a child in Gulu for two years under ARMS sponsorship program.
Ø  I am passionate about letting people know we are powerless, everything is about Christ. There is nothing we can do without Him. Everything begins and ends with God.
Ø  I love comedy. I love to be happy and to be with happy people. I feel so bad when a group of people around me are sad, have tough faces, or do not want to smile or laugh. I feel comfortable when someone smiles at me.
Ø  I want to be a caring friend.
Ø  I am passionate about my marriage/family. I want my home to be the safest, peaceful place for everyone. I am unfriendly to anyone who disrespects this.
Ø  I love cooking good food
Ø  I like adventuring

No comments:

Post a Comment